Sligo Folk Park Background
Sligo Folk Park is an all year – round family, destination, that is community owned and operated. The Folk Park offers visitors of all ages opportunities to experience aspects of rural 19th century Irish Village life. The site includes a varied display of engineering and agricultural artefacts, recreated village shopfronts, military exhibition, library and archives all set on 6 acres.
The Manager plays a pivotal role in managing a team of people in the delivery of an engaging and entertaining experience. Sligo Folk Park has recently undergone a major development which is now nearing completion. The manager will play a key role in delivering this development plan and its actions.
Sligo Folk Park is currently looking for a manager to run and develop the Folk Park.
By email only Michael Tuohy Chairman of Sligo Folk Park to email@example.com
|Job Title:||Sligo Folk Park Manager|
|Reports To:||Sligo Folk Park Director/ Chair Michael Tuohy|
a) Purpose of the Role
It is the intent of the directors to employ a dynamic and flexible manager who will lead the team on a daily basis to deliver a proactive, friendly, engaging and professional welcome to visitors, ensuring that all aspects of the Park are operationally ready every day to the highest quality standards.
The manager will need to be flexible in relation to weekend and evening hours for events if required.
|b) Top Accountabilities|
- Manages a team of people daily to deliver smooth running of the operation in order to deliver an entertaining and engaging experience for visitors, management of reception / guided tours / maintaining gardens and all outhouses.
- Manages an annual calendar of events, planning and co -ordinating, marketing and delivery of excellent events
- Excels in customer service and able to generate enthusiasm for delivering excellence in customer service. Consciously acts as an ambassador for Sligo Folk Park.
- Actively seeks change and improvements in delivery of an excellent visitor experience in all areas including events
- Proactively benchmarking standards to input into objectives of the
- Manages and insures that all administration \ accounts in the office are up to date and all return deadlines are
- Good organizational and computer skills are
- Bookkeeping and payroll knowledge
- Procure grant application and meet all closing
- Responsible for managing a team daily– that can include staff and Takes responsibility for energizing this team to deliver first class standards and service every day. Provide on the spot coaching to staff. Ensure staff are trained to deliver excellent visitor experiences
- Excellent people management skills, must manage relations with a wider stakeholder group of Community volunteers, members of the community and Sligo Tourism Stakeholders
- Fostering & developing valuable relationships with tourism bodies, local authorities and the hospitality industry
- Can deal with a crisis, able to make decisions on their own for the benefit of the business. Able to take control of operation, and ensure the health and safety of our visitors and staff
- Ensures all ticketing, cash and stock transactions are carried out
- Ensures that the Park presentation is to a high standard, and take action where needed for such things as: maintenance, cleaning, gardening
- Takes responsibility for the operational running of the park
- Work with Coffee Shop tenants to ensure smooth running, product availability and excellent standards are in place.
c) Qualifications and Experience Required
- Experience in managing teams within a busy customer facing environment within tourism, retail or hospitality would be an
- Some people management experience is desirable
To be a success you will need to show the following:
- High professional standards -seeks out and identifies best industry practices
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Has excellent operational experience in a customer facing environment
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and energy in the delivery of excellent customer experiences
- Project management skills beneficial
- Understanding of procurement and ability to apply for all possible sources of funding